Sunday, July 18, 2010

Learning something new

Hayaa's growing so fast, i'm excited what new things she'll do next. The following is a list of things she's learnt to do in this past couple of days:

1) making proper sounds like 'ghaaa' and 'mmmm' instead of her regular screaming :)

2) she grabs the railings of her crib, looks out and tries to lift herself from it.. every time i leave her in there it worries me. AB and I have to put the mattress down for it.

3) shaking her head repeatedly as if to say 'no'. This had been bothering me for a few days.. I read that its' a sign of autism, so I was a little concerned about the way she sometimes repeatedly moves and shakes her head or hands (occasionally she does the arms thing), so I looked it up today and found that it's totally normal alhamdulillah. Most of the parents were saying that it worried them as well, but it's just something babies learn and they eventually grow out of it! alhamduilllah.

4) not sitting still. she wants to touch and see everything! i didn't have so much trouble changing her diaper or clothes before, but now, she will not stay in the same position for too long, she wants to do something, see something, explore something new :)

She certainly is making my life a lot more challenging at times, but there are also moments of joy, excitement, awe and wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment