Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Habits

I recently started tracking Hayaa's feedings, sleeping and playing times and conditioning them so it would be a little easier for someone else to do it if i'm not around. I'm not sure if I should join school in September or do something that will keep me closer to Hayaa. Traveling to downtown a few days a week will be a huge thing for her to be away from me for that long.. she's not used to it.

So, alhamdulillah it's been working so far. The problem was that Hayaa doesn't sleep any other way except for me to nurse her and well, that would obviously mean that it's quite a challenge for anyone to put her to sleep except for me. Now, i've been putting her to sleep just by patting her on her back and singing a little lullaby or putting quran on in the background.

Alhamduillah it has worked, and I felt so relieved that she's finally going to sleep without nursing, but she is quite dramatic when she's tired, she cries for at least 5 minutes and most often more, and then finally falls asleep. I've gotten used to the routine, but her daddy has a hard time sometimes and i know her grandparents will too.

I kind of gave up on scheduling and conditioning after my repeated failures when she was a few months old.. but perhaps i was doing it at a time of a growth spurt, or she was sick or maybe it was just too early for her. Whatever it was, it went pretty bad and I didn't want to do it any more so I gave it up all together. I was just nursing her whenever i felt she was hungry, but i realized that it wasn't the way to go... she was totally running the show and I felt out of control.

I think a good time to start good habits is when the baby reaches 6 months.. but mothers shouldn't give up, sometimes it takes some time, some patience and insha'Allah things will go your way and it makes like so much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment