Friday, September 3, 2010

Let it ALL out!

I've always been a fan of journaling, diaries and logs. It started when I was in middle school, any time I had a secret that was bursting to come out, I would write it in my little blue book and keep the book hidden in one of my dresser drawers. The family knew about it. Many times when things would happen at home, I'd run to my room, grab my book and write, write and write.

After I got married, I missed my little book a lot and even though I tried to keep a book to write my thoughts, I either didn't have time or was afraid to write everything down in case someone came across it and read it.

Recently I came across an online free diary/ journal called Penzu. It's pretty cool, private, safe and I can access it whenever I wish on my laptop, and i'm sure there are other sites like this too. It's nice to write things down again, it helps let out any harsh feelings and words I may feel, look back at my writings and look at the situation more perspectively. It's much better to do this then to discuss your "problems" with others and end up backbiting.

So I just wanted to share this with the new mothers or even newly weds. I know there are lots of times when you just feel like you can't take it anymore and want to explode on someone, it's usually your husband unfortunately, or perhaps another family member. Don't do it. It's not worth putting your relationship in jeopardy. Instead, write. It feels so much better and there's no guilt afterwards about being rude or backbiting.

...and no, i'm not getting paid to advertise the penzu site ;)

1 comment:

  1. ive always loved writing too! thats one of the reasons i have my blog but sometimes i wanan write things that are a lil more private but dont want to write it on my blog! thanks for letting me know bout this site :)

    ReplyDelete