Friday, September 17, 2010

Naps and Things

I had such a hard time putting Hayaa down for a nap today. Alhamdulillah she finally went to sleep and has been for an hour and a half. I put her in the crib today, and i feel so free :) like i could jump on the bed and she wouldn't wake up. lol ..maybe she will wake up, who knows. I even took a shower while she slept. When she naps on our bed, i'm always scared that she'll fall so I make sure i'm not too far away. Alhamdulillah Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala protected Hayaa from falling from our bed many times.. and even at night, i'm always uncomfortable that she's getting too close to the edge.

I moved the crib infront of our bed today, because she hated going into the crib and I was kind of lazy to go all the way to it for her night feedings. I don't know how people do it with the baby in the other room! Now, she's right close to us so it wouldn't be a problem.

So i haaave to document the way she fell asleep today. She skipped her morning nap, was absolutely tired but didn't want to go down for her afternoon one. So, i took her and rocked her back and forth but she was just crying so i gave her the bottle, once the bottle finished, she started to scream at the top of her lungs and kept screaming.. i gave her tylenol, cuz i thought maybe she's not feeling well, but she kept screaming, eyes closed and everything. Then I don't know what happened, i couldnt' take it anymore and I yelled "ABDUL BASIT, COME HERE RIGHT NOW!"
LOL.. no AB wasnt' even home, he's at work. Then Hayaa stopped yelling, peered at me with her half closed eyes, closed her eyes and went to sleep. Alhamdulillah!
I think I almost lost my mind. Almost.

I don't know what it was. It's not like she got scared of me when I yelled, it just kind of got her out of her screaming mode. I remember when i was practicing for my G2 test, one time I think I was driving too low and the instructor said 'stop.. stop..' and i kept going and then he said 'STOP!' and i stopped suddenly and i was a little hurt at why he yelled at me and he told me that we're told to raise our voice everytime we say 'Stop' because it takes the student driver out of the nervous state.. so perhaps it was that. Allahu 'alam it seemed to work :p

1 comment:

  1. lol thats funny. alhamdulilah it worked.
    once when yusuf was few months old he had a really long screaming fit. mahmood wasnt home so in desperation i called him, he told me to put the phone to yusufs ear and within a minute of hearing his babas voice he knocked out!
    these babies are something else! lol

    ReplyDelete